Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sea-to-Sea NA Day 34 Here we are at Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa. Air-conditioned dorm rooms for everyone tonight. That makes four nights in a row of air-conditioned sleeping accommodation for those who wanted it. It is a nice gesture but for me a lot of moving of gear through doors, up stairs etc. I’m in the ladies wing so my washroom is at the other end of the building (I took my night bottle into the room with me). There will be a dinner and celebration service here tonight. This morning we were on sweep duty so were late getting out of camp. George and I rode together all day, with 3 or 4 stops to check on people or to talk to SAG people. It was a short riding day with only 95km of riding on quiet roads through rolling countryside covered with green beans or corn. The cloud cover kept things cool so all in all it was a nice day. Tomorrow is the longest day so far, over 184 km, but the winds are supposed to be favourable

No comments: